South Fulton Senior Services, Inc. (SFSS) proudly serves as a vessel to bridge the gap between the senior adult, business community and the general public. In order to meet the growing demand for aging services, South Fulton Senior Services, Inc. was created along with two other non-profits as the brain child of the Fulton County Office of Aging in an effort to decentralize services and make them more accessible to all resident adults sixty years of age or older residing in Fulton County.
The agency proposes to meet this challenge with well organized, structural options, activities and services geared toward sustaining seniors within the community with dignity and independence as presented on this website. Services such as, Meals on Wheels (MOW), Personal Care, Fitness for Life, Tax Preparation, Computer Courses and Travel, etc. to name a few are made available to our communities.
SFSS functions in order to assist eligible seniors achieve maximum independence in their own places of residence for as long as prudently possible.
In order to mitigate the challenges posed by diminishing function, lifestyle changes and other circumstances requiring intervention services, customers are connected with existing title III services (Home Delivered Meals, In-Home Services and Medical Transportation) to satisfy unmet needs.
The agency facilitates client access to community resources, interface as liaisons, coordinate services, and monitor changes in care to produce cost-effective alternatives to admission in long-term care facilities.
- Secure and provide participant-oriented services which affirm dignity, worth and wellness;
- Provide programs of direct service and social action focused on changing conditions related to the needs of senior residents;
- Integrate services for older adults with those of other groups within the total community through participation and cooperation with recognized planning bodies;
- Educate and inform the general public on aging issues;
- Contract with Federal, State, County and city governments or any public authority committed to funding aging programs in Fulton County;
- Develop plans and projections on service needs for older adults within the target area.
Our Mission Statement
"The mission of the South Fulton Senior Services, Inc. (SFSS) is to provide a range of services and activities promoting wellness, wholeness and self-sufficiency for adults sixty (60) years of age or older who reside in South Fulton County, Ga. South Fulton Senior Services, Inc., is a 501 (c ) 3 non-profit organization created in July 1991. The Agency currently provides over 4000 Case Management Units of service annually and serves as a steward for four (4) Neighborhood Senior Centers located in South Fulton County."
Executive Director and Deputy Director
These staff members are responsible for the supervision of other staff and the daily operation and administration of the agency.
Accounting and Human Resources
These staff members handle our agency budget, billing statements, and other matters related to our financial systems. All employment and personnel matters are handled by this department.
Case Managers perform home visits and help client arrange the best service possible. In addition to face to face interactions and reassessments, but is also available by phone.
Our administrative assistants and supportive volunteers help to make certain that calls are directed properly and other clerical matters are handled promptly.
Carol Diane Rutherford
Board of Directors
- Mike White, President
- Carole Williams, 1st Vice President
- Betty Hannah, Secretary
- Bob Hale, Treasurer
- Bill Davenport
- Kathryn Darville
- Ronald Fears
- Fred Hill
- Patsy Jo Hilliard
- Octavia Jones—Samba
- Tyrone Cox
- Jackie Lankford
- The Honorable Mayor Alan Hallman
- The Honorable Mayor Mario Avery
- The Honorable Mayor J. Clarke Boddie
- The Honorable Mayor Tom Reed
- The Honorable Mayor Jannquell Peters
- The Honorable Mayor Jack P. Longino
- The Honorable Mayor Vince R. Williams